About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Thursday, May 26, 2022

A Fireproof Copy of Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale

Canadian author Margaret. Atwood has collaborated with Rethink Creative, Penguin Random House, and a specialty bookbinder called the Gas Company to protest book banning.

Margaret Atwood tries to burn her "unburnable" book. (image courtesy Sotheby's)

Together they have produced a special edition of Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale. The pages of the nonflammable book are made of an aluminum product and it is bound with nickel, a process that took the company two months to complete. The final product can withstand temperatures up to 1,220 degrees Fahrenheit.

No comments: