About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, July 23, 2022

Great Women Painters

Phaidon's Great Women Painters, highlights more than 300 artists across 500 years and a vast array of movements and aesthetics. 

Ewa Juszkiewicz, “Untitled (after Élisabeth Vigée Le Brun)” (2020), oil on canvas, 63 × 47 1/4 inches. Photo © Courtesy of the artist and Almine Rech, by Melissa Castro Duarte

Arranged alphabetically, the book pairs icons like Yayoi Kusama, Frida Kahlo, and Leonora Carrington with contemporary artists, including Ewa Juszkiewicz, Katharina Grosse, and Wangari Mathenge, in a broad and diverse overview of the women who have had profound impacts on the world today.

Great Women Painters is available for pre-order

No comments: