About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

DESPITE EVERYTHING For Gloria Steinem

My friend Eva has two poems in the WordCity literary journal.

DESPITE EVERYTHING 
 For Gloria Steinem
 
Despite everything we keep going 
backward, believe always that 
we’re further ahead than we are. 

We forget that if the sun hits it just right, 
even the robin casts a shadow.
 
The story exceeds us, embitters 
and enslaves, ennobles and enables, 
and the darkness knows no borders.
 
Hope is a form of planning, you say. 
Don’t agonize. Organize.
 
Despite everything 
we’ll keep going.


Read the second poem: WordCityLit

Eva Tihanyi’s ninth poetry collection, Circle Tour, will be published by Inanna Publications, Inc., in spring 2023. Her previous collection, The Largeness of Rescue, garnered a Fred Cogswell Award for Excellence in Poetry in 2017. She has also published a volume of short stories, Truth and Other Fictions (Inanna, 2009). Tihanyi lives in the lakeside neighbourhood of Port Dalhousie in St. Catharines, Ontario. 

No comments: