About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Thursday, April 18, 2024

One Hundred Years of Solitude - Teaser

 
Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendía was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice. 
 
I first read One Hundred Years of Solitude the summer I was at home with my newborn son and that opening sentence is burned into my memory. I read the book during the brief periods when the baby slept and I associate it with the feel of the hot sun beating down on me while I worked on my tan in our pocket-sized back yard.  
It is a very complex novel and I’m interested in seeing how it translates to a mini-series. 

No comments: