About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, May 02, 2020

The World's Most Interesting Insects

Featured insects include the Picasso moth, the violin beetle,
the green milkweed grasshopper and the cuckoo wasp.
Photo illustration by Meilan Solly / Photos via Smithsonian Books

Insects are among Earth’s most abundant life forms, representing a staggering 80 percent of all animal species. But in recent years, reports of dwindling bug populations have led some experts to warn of an impending “insect apocalypse.”

The Smithsonian Handbook of Interesting Insects demonstrates why such an “apocalypse” represents a devastating blow to biodiversity.

See More: Smithsonian Magazine

No comments: