About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Monday, November 01, 2021

The Last Flight

The Last Flight
is a psychological thriller by Julie Clark told alternately in the voices of two women, both fleeing from men they fear and who are desperate. They meet in an airport waiting for their flights. They decide to switch flights and identities in an attempt to avoid detection by their pursuers and start over. Claire is married to a man from a prominent family who is about to launch a senate run. He also physically abuses Claire and it looks like he acted the same way toward his previous partner. Claire wants to leave him but he knows he will let nothing stand between him and his Senate ambitions. Eva is the daughter of a drug addict and was raised in an orphanage. She has been manipulated into making and selling drugs for a powerful drug dealer. Now she wants to leave that life but knows the violent drug leader will not let her escape alive. It sounds far fetched but I was on a plane and was able to immerse myself totally in the story without the usual distractions. It was fast paced and there were a few twists that added interest. I think it would make a very good film.





.

No comments: