About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Friday, May 05, 2023

In 2008, Susanna Roesel was 30 years old and eagerly awaiting the birth of her first child.
But at 18 weeks of pregnancy, a blood test and amniocentesis revealed severe abnormalities “incompatible with life.”



I was 30 years old.
I was married.
We were happy.
We were established.
Our 401k runneth over.
We decided to start a family.
I got pregnant right away.
Like right away.
We were over the moon.
I kept a journal of every day of the magic.
I got a bump.
I felt our baby kick.
I embraced it fully.
I rejected tests because "it won't change our path"
Emily sent out baby shower invitations.
The nursery was under way.
And then.

No comments: