About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Monday, May 21, 2012

A Canadian with $1,000 a Year Can Live Very Comfortably and Enjoyably in Paris

I enjoy reading The Toronto Star's The Hemingway Papers . In this article Hemingway gives advice to Canadians on living frugally in Paris:


It is from tourists who stop at the large hotels that the reports come that living in Paris is very high. The big hotelkeepers charge all they think the traffic can bear. But there are several hundred small hotels in all parts of Paris where an American or Canadian can live comfortably, eat at attractive restaurants and find amusement for a total expenditure of two and one half to three dollars a day. 
The Toronto Star Weekly, February 4, 1922.
Read the entire article here.

No comments: