About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Bohumil Stepan's Family Album of Oddities

Bohumil Stepan's book, Familienalbum (Family Album), published in 1971, features collages of "differently abled family members" with accompanying humourous text.

“Sister Amalie could not marry because she had a square head. But with a tablecloth
she looked very respectable. A young man even shot himself because of her
(when she removed the tablecloth).”

“I never got to know Aunt Lore personally.
I only know that people said she had grit in the gearbox.”


“Only after the wedding did Aunt Lucie notice that dear uncle had a potato face.
After a while, she couldn’t stand it any more and used him for French fries.”



More at  Design Observer

No comments: