About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Friday, November 28, 2014

How To Tell If You Are In a Regency Romance Novel



1. You are either a virgin or a sad and lovely widow whose husband was lost at sea. You are spirited, but still passing ladylike.

 2. Your father is away in the colonies protecting his tobacco interests, or a bumbling idiot, or a gambler. His character flaws lead to you becoming betrothed to a man you’ve never met.

 3. Your dance card is filled up with the names of eligible gentlemen who are excessively unattractive.

 4. You have a maiden aunt who despairs of you. You have a gaggle of sisters of marriageable age and they are all silly.

 5. You are an incorrigible womanizer and you have lived in France. You are squandering your sizeable inheritance on loose women and card tables. You may very well be a pirate.


16 more signs here

No comments: