About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Iceland, as a literary muse



Reykjavik was the first non-native English-speaking city to be named a Unesco City of Literature. Besides being the birthplace of the Poetic Edda, a collection of Old Norse poems that had a strong influence on Scandinavian literature and provided a model for later innovations in poetic meter, Reykjavik is also home to an array of literary festivals, including the biannual Reykjavik International Literature Festival, happening next from 9 to 13 September 2015, where acclaimed authors such as AS Byatt and Kurt Vonnegut have conducted interviews and readings.



More: BBC - Travel 

No comments: