About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Friday, November 13, 2015

Unpublished Charlotte Brontë Works Discovered


The Brontë Society in Haworth, England will acquire a previously unknown poem and a piece of prose written by Charlotte Brontë when she was 17. They were discovered folded into a book that belonged to the author’s mother, Maria.
"Both the poem and the prose piece deal with characters from Angria, a fictional kingdom that Charlotte created with her brother Branwell, and wrote about in several stories, some of which were originally scrawled in small handmade books. In the prose piece, characters from Angria encounter people from real cities in England. The poem focuses on the character Mary, an Angrian. Both works are about 70 lines long."
More: The New York Times

No comments: