About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, December 07, 2019

J.D. Salinger | The New York Public Library


J. D. Salinger with typewriter in
Normandy, France, 1944


“I have been writing fiction rather passionately, singlemindedly, perhaps insatiably, since I was fifteen or so,” J. D. Salinger wrote in 1982. “I positively rejoice to imagine that, sooner or later, the finished product safely goes to the ideal reader, alive or dead or yet unborn, male or female or possibly neither.” 
An exhibition organized by JD Salinger's son Matt Salinger and widow Colleen Salinger with Declan Kiely, Director of Special Collections and Exhibitions at The New York Public Library. presents manuscripts, letters, photographs, books, and personal effects drawn exclusively from Salinger's archive. This will be the first time these items have ever been shared with the public.

Until January 19th, 2020.
Link

No comments: