About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Friday, March 20, 2020

The first lines of 10 classic novels, rewritten for social distancing.

It appears that, with a bit of tweaking, any book can be a coronavirus book.

Mrs. DallowayMrs. Dalloway said she would buy the flowers herself. Then she remembered the florist was closed. And the party was cancelled. Finally, some time to rest and reflect on her marital choices. 
Swann’s WayFor a long time, I went to bed early. I wasn’t even that tired. It was more like, hey: here’s a good way to pass the time. 
MiddlemarchMiss Brooke had that kind of beauty which seems to be thrown into relief by the same leggings and sweatshirt she has been wearing for the last five days. 
Notes from UndergroundI am a sick man… I am a spiteful man… I am a man who is going to McSorley’s to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day!!!

More: Literary Hub

No comments: