About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Friday, July 17, 2020

68:Hazard:Cold

A short story about robots by Janelle Shane, a research scientist in Colorado, who writes about artificial intelligence and the ways that algorithms get things wrong.

The shock of impact would have killed a human. Hundreds of gees wrenched her spacecraft and the sound of twisting metal filled her audio spectrum from moaning bass to eerie treble. Her craft began to spin. Through stress-opened rents in the hull, Greki could see glimpses of black, of brilliant white, of planetary cloud. She could hear the ship’s air escaping, could even feel the air moving across the frayed fabric of her wrist joint. The ship began, unnecessarily, to beep.
Read more: Strange Horizons 

Check out more AI Weirdness

No comments: